Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summers Off!

these two. They drive me so crazy, and then they go and do this and my heart melts.

Hello!

We made it through the end of the school year! I wasn't sure... it was touch and go there for a few weeks. I didn't think I would pull it off this year, but somehow did. The report cards were written, the attendance records updated, the room was cleaned and packed up, the students were sent off for their summer.  I bought, made and delivered thank you presents for D and L's teachers. All of the end of year parties, tips, notes and check lists were attended, collected, completed. We did the last day of _____ (gymnastics, basketball, dance, school). We did it. Phew.

And then we left! Hooray! We are up at our family beach house this month. We are eating our way through the ice cream menu at our local ice cream parlor. We are running, swimming, biking, playing and chasing and non-stopping to our hearts content. Okay, the kids are.  I'm making sandwiches, drinking a lot of iced coffee and reading on the porch. I am NOT making: to-do lists, school lunches or homework assignments. For that, I am very thankful. 

Plus I get to do this:

enjoying a windy sunset at the Lighthouse

and for that I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky