Monday, November 12, 2018

until we meet again...



There is a season for everything under heaven, right? There was a season in my life when telling stories about my family and sharing them with the world helped me make sense of myself as an adoptive mother. There was a season in which it seemed everyone was a "mommy blogger." I am so, so grateful for all the mom-blogs and all the adoption blogs, and for every single person who ever read one of my posts. It was good, it was very good. I could not have done this with out you.

It seems that blog-writing season is over now... the leaves have fallen. The words aren't flowing the way they used to. (Everyone has a podcast these days! LOL) So, I'm closing down this little writing space. (and no to the podcast)

These days I, like many other Americans, find all my words and wondering are about who we are as a country, who we have become, and why, and how the hell can we get out of this mess?! I, like many women, am finding my political voice. I knocked on doors for a local congressional campaign for the first time. (And we won!) I plan to get even more involved in the races of 2020, which are right around the corner...

My children are doing well- they are wonderful. Daniel is tween, almost a teen. Everything is boring and embarrassing and terrible and don't you dare tell him how handsome and strong and tall and capable he is. He's going to be a fine young man and I have to catch my breath sometimes thinking just how fast he turned from my little boy to this strapping nearly-man.

Lily continues to be HERSELF. Her amazing, exhausting, exhilarating, exuberant self. She's crazy smart and thriving and so, so beautiful. God only knows what Life has in store for her, but it will be something special, I know it. I find it hard to believe she was once a teeny tiny baby we prayed would live.

Thank you for reading, thank you for sharing this space.

love,

Becky aka: "Injera Mama"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky