Thursday, November 7, 2013

Reprieve



It is raining today, for the first time in weeks, which means that my poor suffering plants are finally getting a good soaking. And, no work was done on the house today. So I got to sit in my quiet, gray house and drink a cup of coffee in solitude.

And maybe it was the solitude, or the massage I had this afternoon (a belated use of a birthday gift, thank you Andrew !)...

Or maybe it is the way the light was slanting into the living room just right. So beautifully that I forgot to worry, for a minute, about how messy and crowded our living space is right now. 

But I thought, just now, that Life is good. And this house is good.

Maybe beautiful even.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky