Sunday, September 1, 2013

Progress

Just so you know, I am very aware that the problems I've been agonizing over are problems of privilege. Having enough money to have a renovation, and all its inherent annoyances, is a First World Problem. Since we have family in the Third World, people we love and are connected to, the contrast between my "problems" and their problems is never far from my mind.

But I'm still going to complain, some days, about the dust and the noise and the disruption. 

But today I'm celebrating! We've had some little successes; little things that have gone a long way towards making this new house feel "normal".

Like home.


We hung shades!


The floors are looking beautiful!

And, we had a fun play date with some friends. Kids laughing and making messes: home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky