Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Spring!

okay... it's freezing here, so it definitely doesn't FEEL like Spring, but the sun is shining, and the calendar says it's Spring.... This week in an effort to feel more Spring-like, Daniel and I started some seeds together.


First I washed out some eggshells I'd been saving for this purpose...



Daniel carefully filled each one with soil. He is a farmer at heart, my son.


We picked out some seeds I'd saved from last year... and prayed they were still good.



We planted and watered the seeds, covered them loosely with plastic wrap and put them on the windowsill.



Then I made little 'pinterest' worthy labels for each one, to be used when we eventually (hopefully), transfer our little plantings up to the roof garden.

I hope things are warming up wherever you are... Come on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky