Thursday, October 22, 2015

Enjoying our African hair time


I thought I'd have some fun reminiscing about Lily's hair. Join me, if you will...

Baby Lily with teeny baby curls...


Toddler Lily with WOW! CURLS!















Toddler twists, or How fast can mommy work before you start running!?



















Ohmygoodness, you are not a baby any more hair. Sob.
(These beautiful box braids courtesy of Lily's Pre-K teachers, God Bless them!)
Really, really, really long 5 year old hair.

Beautiful, healthy twists after a little trim.



I am often asked, "Who does Lily's hair? and my reply "I do!" is often met with incredulous admiration.  But I've noticed that if you really want to learn how to do something, you can. It takes some resources, and some practice.  Caring for my daughter's hair is a source of pride for me, and connection for both of us. Yes, it takes a lot of time. Yes, she has to sit still for hours sometimes. But Lily sitting on my lap, enjoying a movie and having hair time is now one of our favorite moments together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky