Sunday, November 13, 2016

Dear Hillary,

Secretary Clinton
Office of Hillary Rodham Clinton,
120 West 45th Street, Suite 2700,
New York, NY 10036.

November 13, 2016

Dear Hillary,

Thank you.

Thank you for running for President. Thank you for your decades of service to our country.  And, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry that you didn't win the Presidency, because you sure would have made a great one.

We took our 6 year old daughter and our 10 year old son to vote with us. We live in an African-American neighborhood in Brooklyn, and the line to vote snaked through the entire first floor of our school polling site. Everyone was cheerful and patient and looking forward to voting for the first woman President.

When we came home my daughter pulled out some paper and her markers and said, I'm going to write to Hillary and ask her to change the laws so I can become President someday too!

My children were born in Ethiopia, and adopted by us at ages 5 (my son) and 15 months (his sister). My daughter is like you- fiercely strong, determined, energetic, smart and passionate. Who knows, maybe the laws will be changed, and my African princess will ascend to the highest office.

I know my daughter will do something amazing with her life, and a small portion of that will be due to seeing you, a strong woman, run for President.

I know I have been inspired by this election. I've been inspired to speak my mind more freely. I've learnt the value of my vote, and to work for everyone to have that amazing gift (and to use it!)

So thank you, Madame Secretary. I hope you are enjoying a very, very well deserved luxury vacation in some warm and beautiful place. And after that, I look forward to seeing what amazing work you will do, 'cause I know- you're not done yet.


Thank you, and God Bless you.

- Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Don't worry about logging in... you can just use your name, and leave the "URL" box blank. Thank you! -Becky